Here in Houston I have minimal kitchen supplies as I left my whole kitchen in Indiana for the summer. I didn’t have the time or space to move it down and that makes me really sad now…but I’ll be really happy when I have to move back North in 5 weeks. I guess you can’t win ‘em all.
I have one pot and one 8” skillet to make it through the summer so I have to get creative if I want to eat food that isn’t take out or microwaved. I am an avid Pinterest user and I make a point to actually attempt the recipes I pin along with the arts and craft ideas. Understandably, not everything turns out well when I first try it so I took two trials to test out this recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Café, to my great surprise even though I had a tiny 8” skillet and had to break the recipe in half and mix it together in my one pot, it turned out perfectly!
If you’re looking for an easy and quick dinner that will save nicely for further lunches and dinners then BOOM-BABY, this is your dish!
In total you’ll spend 25-30 minutes with prep work, cooking and plating this meal, I spent about 7 minutes eating each serving throughout the week. Let’s get to the good stuff…
2 tbls. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. Chili Pepper *Suggested: Chipotle Chili Pepper
1 Chopped Yello Onion
4 tsp. Minced Garlic
2 cans (28oz.) Diced Tomatoes *Suggested: Fire Roasted Style
10+ Curly Edged oven ready lasagna noodles
2 small chopped zucchini
2 small chopped yellow squash
1 chopped Japanese Eggplant
1 cup Skim ricotta cheese
Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese
– 12” skillet
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in the skillet at medium heat
- Add onion & cook until soft
- Add garlic to skillet and cook for 1 minute
- Drain cans of diced tomatoes and add to skillet
- Break Lasagna noodles and place on top of the diced tomatoes, allow mixture to simmer then reduce to a medium heat and cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally
- Mix in chopped zucchini, squash and eggplant. Cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat.
- You want the veggies to be tender
- Remove skillet from heat and add ricotta cheese, plate and sprinkle parmesan cheese for serving